- Monitor compliance with the existing laws, rules and regulations of the institution’s country.
- Advice the Head of Internal Audit of the institution on the adequacy of the internal control systems and risk management.
- Perform a statutory function if working in a regulated entity.
- Conduct an audit of branches and head office in accordance with Shwe bank Policies and Procedures and shall review and evaluate the internal control and accounting systems of branches and head office and recommend corrections, improvements and compliance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assistant to developing annual audit engagement plan.
- Submits timely reports to Head of Internal Audit for all audits conducted during the year.
- Submits written audit reports Head of Internal Audit within Five working days after auditing in branch.
- Tracks the status of issues/corrective actions arising from audit reports and provides updates to Head of Internal Audit.
- Conducts audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of organizational operations using professional audit standards and practices.
- Prepares reports of audit results and recommendations to management using good written skills.
- Conducts special reviews/ investigations as directed by Head of Internal Audit.
- Conducts compliance reviews of organization records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirements.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Supervises the work of the Internal Auditor Supervisor and Internal Auditors (if any).
- Trains less experienced auditors to meet IAD audit standards.
- Assist in the execution of external audits as well as examination to be conducted by government regulatory agencies and another stakeholder.
- Promptly investigates any fraud incidents escalated by Head of Internal Audit.
- Build strong working relationships with the MD, CEO and Management team of the Shwe Bank.
- Build strong relationship and demonstrate leadership skills with IA team.
- Build strong relationships with external regulators/ auditors.
- At least three years of (experience or education) in auditing or accounting field.
Experience in systems analysis and audit would be added advantage.
Understanding of financial systems or other relevant accounting and loan tracking software would be an advantage.
Excellent proficiency in the use of all Microsoft office applications especially Excel.
Capability and willingness to take responsibility.
A high sense of integrity
Must have good written and oral communication skills both in English and Myanmar language.
Must be able to travel extensively within the country frequently.
Must be able to work independently in remote areas.
- University degree (prefers accounting or business administration).
- Professional accounting (CPA/ACCA) or MBA qualification a must- CIA / CFA / AAT / CAT certification will be an exception.