- Monitor compliance with the existing laws, rules and regulations of the institution’s country.
- Advice the Head of Internal Audit of the institution on the adequacy of the internal control systems and risk management.
- Perform a statutory function if working in a regulated entity.
- Conduct an audit of branches and head office in accordance with Shwe bank Policies and Procedures and shall review and evaluate the internal control and accounting systems of branches and head office and recommend corrections, improvements and compliance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Responsible for – Treasury Front Office Activities
Report to – Head of Treasury Department
- Deals in interbank transactions, currency trading, placement decision and funds management
- Determination of exchange rate and interest rate for money market and securities market.
- Determination of the daily foreign exchange rate for cash, spot and forward transactions.
- Execute daily domestic and international funds transfer.
- Manage foreign exchange settlements for international entities.
- Ensure treasury procedures are up-to-date and reflective of treasury key controls and separation of duties.
- Support all inquiries and testing necessary for treasury compliance and internal and external audit requirements.
- To foster good relationship and develop rapport with Correspondent Banks and CBM
- – To understand Market Risk, Currency Risk, Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk as well as to prevent risk
- Ability to work with all organizations within the bank to solve problems that may arise and determine a better solution forward.
- To draft, review and develop the SOP of Treasury Dept.
- Develop, implement, maintain or strengthen effective internal controls in the processing and administration of treasury transactions as well as ensure compliance with pertinent and regulatory requirements and local and institutional policies and standards.
- Manage all aspects of our Foreign Exchange program, including policies and procedures, operations, and the reduction of risk.
- Effectively manage all down staff to ensure continuity, staff development, and build strong bench strength in department management and processing.
- To formulate Business Plan and propose to HOD.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to the role holder by Senior Management from time to time.
- 2 years of relevant working experience
- Technical Skill/ MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Presentation Skill, And etc.
- Knowledge of SWIFT FIN messages
- Experience of leadership role
- Must possess problem solving skills and must be a Team player.
- Must be a positive thinker and should have interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and analytical ability.
- Supervise and develop Treasury Team members.
- Must have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Master’s degree (Accounting, Banking, Finance) is a plus.